I love reading blogs and one of my favorite daily reads is The Creative Place, written by the very talented artist and crafter, Ashley.
Today, Ashelys’ blog post was a listing of 25 Random Things about her. Not only was the list fun to read, but it allowed me to get to know Ashley from afar.
I was planning a similar blog post for later this week, with only 10 Random Things, but Ashley’s list inspired me to divulge a bit more about myself. So, without further a due, here are 25 Random Things about me, the blogger and designer behind ConfettiStyle.
1. I love wrapping paper. Even though I have a signature color (red and hot pink) that I try to wrap my gifts in, I can’t pass up a role of beautiful wrapping paper. Luckily, I’ve found ways to incorporate beautiful paper into my craft and design projects, which justifies my paper addiction.
2. I love horses. Several of my friends had horses when I was young and I love to ride. I even have a collection of those plastic horses from when I was young.
3. I tried out for Miss Teen USA way back when. Since I couldn’t since, I chose to do a dance routine as the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz. I used my gold cheerleading pom-pom as the hair for my costume.
4. I love to travel. When I worked for Eddie Bauer, I had the opportunity to travel to the far east. I spent 5 years traveling to places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand and Indonesia. Singapore is one of my favorite places on earth.
5. I love to cruise. The hubby and I took a cruise on our honeymoon and fell in love. We’ve taken 7 cruises so far and hopefully will be off on another one soon.
6. The water has to be running when I brush my teeth, or I’ll gag.
7. I hate loading the dishwasher.
8. I decorate my Christmas tree in a different theme each year.
9. I used to be proud that I had never been in the hospital, until I tore my rotar cuff hanging a piece of artwork at my store. And yes, it sounded like a piece of paper tearing when it happened. Now, I have one hospital stay on my resume.
10. I love blues music. I’m an old soul at heart when it comes to music.
11. I still have a baby tooth in my mouth. Every time I get x-rays at the dentist, they are surprised that I still have it and it’s so strong.
12. I need to have complete silence and darkness when I sleep.
13. I was class president all three years in high school. Yes, I’m somewhat of an overachiever.
14. I was only 4 1/2 lbs. when I was born and spent a month in an incubator.
15. I collect Boyd’s Bears. My collection has grown to about 120 stuffed bears.
16. My favorite color is red. When I was young, my bedroom theme was white with red roses.
17. I was voted best dressed in high school. My love of fashion started when I was really young and still continues today.
18. I love the smell of Clorox–totally random for sure.
19. Like Ashley, I love magazines. I’ve created a list of all the ones’ I get with the expiration date so I can keep track of them all.
20. I’m a cat person. My two cats, Boots and Coco lived for 16 and 18 years respectively. It’s been hard to think about bringing a new cat into my home, but I know I will soon.
21. I adore Carson Kressley. If I were stranded on an island, I’d want it to be with him.
22. I want to learn to ride a motorcycle. It’s on my bucket list.
23. I empty the change out of my wallet every night. A few years ago, we had collect $900 in coins.
24. The Devil Wears Prada and Shawshank Redemption are my favorite movies.
25. I hate cartoons.
So, there you have it. A few things about me that you probably didn’t know.
i’d love to know a few of your secrets, so do share!