I came across the image the other day and all I could think about was cooler temperatures and getting cozy under a plush throw blanket. Cooler temps are on the way and now it the time to shop for that perfect fall throw blanket.
When I’m shopping for a cozy throw blanket, there are a few things I look for and avoid…
- I avoid synthetic fibers like acrylic which won’t provide much warmth and typically has a rougher feel.
- I look for natural fibers like cotton, wool or cashmere all of which are soft to the touch and will keep you warm. And now you can even find washable wools which provide warmth and allow for easy care.
- I look for oversized throw blankets that will cover you from head to toe. A great size is 60″ x 80″.
- I prefer blankets with a straight edge and no fringe. I’ve found that over time, fringed edges tend to pull apart or tangle. note: I would buy all of the fringed blankets I’ve shown in this post because they are well made and the fringe is individually knotted.
- You can never go wrong with classic styles like herringbone or cable knit. And solid colors are naturally more versatile than patterns although I love the African Shibori throw below.
These Natural Hyacinth Braided Cameron Tote Baskets are perfect for flat weave throws because they won’t snag on the basket. And the handles make it easy to move around the house or wherever movie night is happening. Grab these now because they are on sales–$20.99-$23.99!
For chunky throws you want a basket with a smooth interior like these Kiel Rope Weave Baskets or this Mamba Basket. I love the subtle texture and pattern on both of these baskets and the robust size means you can stash lots of blankets away.
Kiel Rope Weave $59-$99
Mamba Basket $64.95
And if you like to keep your throw blankets under wraps, theses lidded Collin Mocha Wicker Storage Baskets are two of my favorite. $79.95-$99.95
The season is almost here!
Shop these throws:
Herringbone Throw $39 available in 4 colors // Interlochen Throw $98 available in 2 colors
Landyn Chunky Knit Throw–$69.95 available in 3 colors // Moroccan Wedding Banded Throw–$399 available in 2 colors
Handcrafted African Indigo Shibori Throw–$349 // Cashmere Cable Knit Throw–$199-$299 available in 8 colors