Hey there friends. Sorry I skipped out last week here on the blog but things have been extra busy and I just didn’t have time (or energy) to complete all the blog post I had planned for you. My busy schedule included 5 days at the Atlanta Gift and Home Furnishings show followed by two days at the Blog Life University Conference and I’m tuckered out. I’ll be sharing more about the gift show and the conference later this week but today I’m sharing one of my favorite shopping events of the year, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
When I lived in Seattle, I actually planned a couple of vacation days around the sale so I could be at the flagship store the day the sale went live. I didn’t want to miss out on any of the deals. Now I shop my local Nordstrom or when I don’t want to deal with the crowds, I hit their website. That’s just what I did Saturday afternoon while I crashed on the couch.
There are so many great items in this years sale but a few really caught my eye and I just had to share them with you.
Here are my top picks from the sale…
A classic backpack is a handbag staple in my book. They are great for traveling and weekend shopping when you want your hands free. I love the sleek lines of this Sole Society Ellie Backpack and the tassel charm on the flap. And you can’t beat the $29.90 price.
Cardigans are my go-to fashion item during fall and this Halogen Cashmere Kimono Cardigan has so much going for it. I love the oversized fit, the soft drape and the fact that is it cashmere. This piece is available in three colors and is on sale for $98.90. ($148 after sale)
I never met a tassel I didn’t like, especially if it’s an earring. These Sole Society Tassel Earrings are such fun and will look great with sweaters this fall. $36.95
The combination of the cord necklace and crystal pendant is what caught my eye. This is a perfect piece to wear day-to-night and with everything from jeans to dresses. Bauble Bar Bijoux’ Pendant Necklace $42.00
I’ve been wanting this Jonathan Adler Zebra Porcelain Stacking Dish for ages and couldn’t pass up the $15.90 price and my new favorite color, navy. The gold version is also available but at a higher price.
In addition to clothing and shoes, you can find some great home decor items in the Nordstrom Sale. This Levtex Diamond Straw Basket is perfect to hold blankets or just about anything you want. $38.90 Available in natural & navy and natural & tan.
An oversized sweater and jeans is the perfect fall outfit in my book. This Halogen Ribbed Cashmere Poncho has a great shape and subtle ribbed texture. Available in 4 colors. $148.90
So now that I’ve got you ready to do some shopping, here are some tips I’ve learned from shopping the sale for many years…
Insider Tips For Shopping The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
- Shop early! I can’t stress this enough. Many items will sell out within the first few days of the sale so plan to do your shopping early. p.s. this years sale ends on Aug. 4th.
- Did you know that Nordstrom has personal stylist to help you shop? This free service is great if you’re needing special pieces or want pulling together outfits. You can schedule an appointment or ask for an available stylist when you’re at the store. p.s. the stylist have all the inside tips on products and can often find items that are sold out in your area.
- For even better deals than you can find in the main for jewelry and accessory department, shop the Brass Plum department. You can find the latest styles and designs at a fraction the price. This tassel handbag didn’t make my top 7 list but is definitely a great buy.
- If you’re stocking up on fall clothing, purchase the items you’re interested in, take them home to try on them on and return what you don’t want. The dressing rooms are typically crowded during the sale so take items home so you can try them on in the comfort and space of your own bedroom.
- If your local store doesn’t have the size or color you want, a Nordstrom sales person can order the item for you at no shipping cost.
- Nordstrom offers samples of almost any beauty product in store every day. During the Anniversary Sale you’ll find limited-edition offerings, plus 300 beauty and fragrance exclusives so just ask for a sample at the counter.
- Think Christmas gifts. This is a great time to buy higher priced items and save a little money, especially on handbags, footwear and mens clothing.